Default High Times

$500, MY GOD. My system cost me maybe $20. But, Petzl always wuz
xpensive stuff.
I do agree about lessons cuz its really easy to make mistakes. I've
seen people fasten their harnesses with Fastek buckles, maybe they got
lucky and are still alive. When I was really into cavin, eventually I
decided to always be the last out of a pit cuz invariably, otherwise
I'd have to go back down to help some poor fool who went in not knowin
how to use his mechanical ascenders. Half the time I'd tie him some
prisiks and make him a believer in them.