N.L. Eckert

Default Schmid Marina Lake St. Clair MI

Paul wrote:
I was wondering if anybody was familiar with this Marina and what their
opinion was.
Paul
==================================
Hi Paul, I kept my boats in Schmids for about 20 years. I had a 25
ft. Chris when I first went there and then later a 30 Ft. Chris. The
marina was run by 6 brothers that inherited the business from the
father. At that time, dockage was at a premium. There were more boats
than dock space and they took full advantage of letting you know how
lucky you were to have a well there. I know of several instances where
they evicted a boater simply because they felt he didn't buy enough gas.
I tended to get along OK with them, but I kept my distance. But it was
a feeling like I had to go out of my way to please them. I think things
have changed because of there is a lot more dock space available now in
the area.
On the plus side, they run a good marina with good housekeeping. The
services are good and they can get parts for you pretty quickly. They
run a salvage operation that is considered to be one of the best on the
lake.

=====
Norm