Don White

Default US West Coast Tsunami?

Shortwave Sportfishing wrote:
On Thu, 22 Dec 2005 08:20:58 -0500, "Eisboch" wrote:

. ..

On Thu, 22 Dec 2005 08:05:47 -0500, "Reggie Smithers" Reggie( is my
first name) Smithers wrote:

My only concern is the MEGA-Tsunami that will hit the entire East Coast
when
half of the mountain slides off of La Palma in the Canary Islands. It is
estimated that this will result in a Tsunami 650 METERS high and hit the
entire east coast.

You mean that I'll have beachfront property here in Woodstock?!?

WHOO HOO!!!

Not exactly beachfront. You'll be swimming from room to room with a Scuba
tank strapped to your back.

What's your elevation? My house is about 130 ft and I am about 7-8 miles
inland.

According to my GPS, 780. According to NOAA, 710.

I'm right on the Atlantic, but at the highest point on the
peninsula...about 160 feet above sea level.