Doug Kanter

Default Those torturing US *******s...

On Wed, 21 Dec 2005 17:39:11 -0500, JohnH wrote:

On Wed, 21 Dec 2005 22:18:21 GMT, Shortwave Sportfishing

wrote:

On Wed, 21 Dec 2005 15:38:13 -0500, JohnH wrote:

On Wed, 21 Dec 2005 20:19:49 GMT, Shortwave Sportfishing

wrote:

On Wed, 21 Dec 2005 20:15:46 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

"Reggie Smithers" Reggie( is my first name) Smithers wrote in
message
JohnH,
I think the word you are looking for is "haunting".

Check out Evanescence (Amy Lee). Same quality, but not quiet as
high
pitched.

I get chills listening to her sing.

There's always the Joni Mitchell "Clouds" album.

NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's like listening to Joan Baez sing "for Tookie's life!!"

Put this in your CD player and turn the volume *way* up!

Camille Saint-Saëns, Symphony #3 "Organ" in C minor, Op. 78/Telarc
CD-80051
Michael Murray (organ), Eugene Ormandy/Philadelphia Orchestra

Pah - the key of C minor is for lazy composers and those who have no
talent.

NO!!!

Speaking of musical oddities, being in a band has exposed me to some
interesting musicians over the past month or two:

1) A drummer answered our ad. Had a nice talk on the phone with him about
the kind of music we're playing. He then said that he didn't have drums, and
wondered if we happened to have some. Can't fault him for asking, I guess,
but what a long shot! Then, he asked where we practice. We use our
guitarist's place, about 20 minutes out of the city. At this point, the
drummer announced he didn't have a car. I told him maybe we'd talk some
other time....

2) We might want a 2nd guitarist. I ran into one at a jam session. He played
great. We talked about my band. Showed him a song list, which includes the
key for each song. He said "I like the songs, but I notice they're all in
different keys. I'm an E man - I play everything in E". Oh boy....

3) Same jam session: I finished playing, and an excellent 80 year old
pianist who was next on the list to sit in with the house band. He had just
one problem: He only knew how to play things in C.

4) Our first drummer said he loved playing blues. After playing with him
twice, the guitarist and I mentioned that we were going to a jam session at
a local club, in case he wanted to join us that evening. The drummer said he
wasn't comfortable with places like that. "Places like what?", we asked
repeatedly. The club's really nice, the crowd's wonderful. The drummer
finally explained that he's not comfortable around black people. Bye bye
drummer. We figured he would've gotten himself into a fist fight at some
point, and we'd be playing without a drummer. We accelerated the removal.