posted to rec.boats.building
derbyrm

Default Next question ;;;;;; is that your final answer ??

Learn to sail it. Hal and Margaret Roth covered thousands of miles in a
boat about that size with no engine. In one of their books there is a photo
of Whisper sailing off the coast of S. America. Margaret took it out alone
while Hal climbed the mountain to take the picture.

Get oars/paddles. I once helped paddle a 34' sloop out of Belmont Harbor in
Chicago in a calm. Used the dinghy's oars; one of us on the bow, one on the
stern; throw the water aft; eventually the harbor mouth comes closer. (No
tide, and of course, no wind.)

Engines are for schedules.

As for "free" -- ROTFL

Roger

http://home.insightbb.com/~derbyrm

"Thomas Wentworth" wrote in message

Another engine question. With a 33' sailboat. What if there was no
engine?
Hey, the boat if FREE. I'm just trying to keep it that way.