posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

Default Teaching the Group about Boats

Hunters aren't built for long term hard sailing. Stuff
starts coming apart.

Utter nonsense....the kind of crap you hear from old dock farts. I
don't care for Hunters one bit, but we've had plenty come through our
yard as transients. Quite a few had been sailed long distances and were
just fine along with their happy owners. In fact I'm selling a Hunter
43 now that has cruised the entire coast and also made a crossing in
the late 90's. She's in A-1 shape. We have a Beneteau 38 here that has
done several crossings and a little Catalina 34 that just came back
from St. Pete's.
MOST production boats can go anywhere with a little prep and the owners
will come apart long before the boat will. Note that Doug is a
powerboater now. Nuff said.

RB
35s5
NY