Jere Lull

Default engine question

In article %lWpf.4332$u36.1397@trndny01,
"Thomas Wentworth" wrote:

A friend has offered me his old Pearson Vanguard 33' sailboat. It is
in good shape. But, it needs a new engine. It has the original
Atomic 4 gas.

What diesel engine would be the best replacement? How much do the
diesels cost? How much work is it the replace an old Atomic 4 in a
1968 year sailboat? When replacing the engine, does the shaft, fuel
tank etc also get replaced?

Any other info???

We repowered a decade ago and couldn't be happier, but if I were in your
position, I'd get a rebuilt A4 and probably upgrade the alternator and
prop.

You're looking at replacing just about everything from the starting
battery through fuel system, filters, engine beds, shaft, prop and a
host of little things.

If you're handy, you can do it yourself probably, but that's time you
could be sailing. You already have enough to do to get it ready for this
season.

--
Jere Lull