Smithers one of 1000's

Default Newbie question on bowriders

Wakeboard and ski boats are unique animals, with very different
characteristics from runabouts. I don't believe the wakeboard boats have
the same problem with pounding that you would see with a ski boat, but that
is based upon watching them from a distance. They seem to be much heaver,
w/o the flat bottom of the old MasterCraft ski boats.

I would suggest you also post this in rec.sport.waterski.

..
"Matthew" wrote in message
I'm considering getting a bowrider, and the neice and nephew are just
getting interested in Wakeboarding. Is it realistic to expect to get
decent
wakeboarding performance with a 20 or 22 foot bowrider (with a tower)? I
know the people really into watersports get specialized skiboats, but my
old
body won't put up with the pounding.

I'm considering the upper-range to midrange bowriders, i.e .Chapparel,
Cobalt, Four Winns, etc.

Do any of them specifically stand out for sports (actually, for
wakeboarding, as nobody in the family seems interested in skiing).

Thanks,

Matthew.