Smithers one of 1000's

Default OT--Merry friggin' Christmas

NYOB,

My son called me today to tell me he was walking back to his Dorm, gong down
Broadway around 115 St. (way uptown). He said he walked 3 blocks and didn't
see one car move the entire time.

He now has to figure out a way to Manhattan to LaGuardia on Thursday. It
will be interesting to see how he handles this.

"NOYB" wrote in message
k.net...
By LARRY McSHANE
Associated Press Writer
Dec 20 5:10 PM US/Eastern

NEW YORK - Commuters trudged through the freezing cold, rode bicycles and
shared cabs Tuesday as New York's bus and subway workers went on strike
for the first time in more than 25 years and stranded millions of riders
at the height of the Christmas rush. A judge slapped the union with a $1
million-a-day fine. State Justice Theodore Jones leveled the sanction
against the Transport Workers Union for violating a state law that bars
public employees from going on strike. The city and state had asked Jones
to hit the union with a "very potent fine."

Another reason why the popularity of unions is at an all-time low.