Jim,

Default Ebay boats and cars

Smithers wrote:
Why would someone buy a big ticket item on Ebay? It appears that the
sellers want to sell their product at market pricing and it really isn't an
auction. It seems the Reserve Prices have not been meet on the boats listed
now.

Unless, I was able to buy a boat or car at substantial discount, I would
hesitate to buy any bit ticket item via eBay.

Does anyone have any personal knowledge of people who have purchased cars
and/or boats via Ebay or similar auction service?

I have purchased 2 boats on eBay -- both local, and I looked closely at
them fist -- had one surveyed.