posted to alt.sailing.asa
Maxprop

Default Bye Bye Tookie

"Commodore Joe Redcloud©" wrote in message

On Mon, 19 Dec 2005 04:40:20 GMT, "Maxprop"
wrote:

Perhaps you simply have no ability to make your points concise and
understandable. Of course it's always easier to blame everyone but
yourself
for the misperception.

I never considered that I might have to "dumb down" my posts for you
to be able to grasp them. I guess you are among those that the
education system has failed to educate.

Yeah, right. I understood your premise, but found it erroneously presented.
Present your arguments intelligently and you won't become a target.

Not even close. Unless you have kids that *want* an education, you're
barking up a tree in the wrong forest. The solution must begin at home,
where kids have to be instilled with the desire to be educated, and
convinced that an education is critical to their future well-being. Of
course if their parent(s) is/are clueless to these issues, the kid will be
similarly clueless. The state requires the kid to attend school, which
he/she hates and wants nothing more than to avoid. It can be the best,
most
innovative and efficient educational program in existence, but futile if
the
kid isn't interested.

There you go, being small minded, and short sighted again, Jeff.
Improve the education system so that successive generations will have
more and more chance of being raised by parents that DO have a clue.

The cultural rejection of education is self-perpetuating. You can alter and
inprove the system until it encompasses the entire GDP and you'll still have
a culture of people for whom education means nothing. (Hint: don't read
race here--this culture of ignorance crosses racial lines rather nicely)
The process must begin at home. We constantly hear how "bright" oriental
students are; how they almost universally excel in primary, secondary, and
college-level programs. Do you honestly believe they are genetically
superior in terms of brilliance and the ability to learn and absorb? The
primary difference between them and those who fail the educational process
is parental/family motivation. Without that, the whole process is an
exercise in futility. Throwing money at education has been tried, and it
has failed. Answer this: why, if the system is so broken, do so many excel
within the existing one?

That's always the best concept, but you've got the methods all wrong.

Well, I agree that a better education would not have helped you much,
Jeffy.

Care to compare advanced degrees? GPAs?

Max