Gary

Default ATN TopClimber (was) High Times

Skip Gundlach wrote:
Nice link - thanks. Not knowing about climbing (or I wouldn't have to ask
these stupid questions), what makes it uncomfortable and sticky? Another
correspondent in another (list) group prefers this one. Of course each to
his or her own - but this is the type of input I'm looking for; what works
and doesn't work, to our purpose.

How's it sit? How is it for extended time aloft?

Thanks again.

L8R

Skip

It is a climbing harness not a seat so it doesn't feel the same as a
hard seat. But remember, climbers wear them for days and frequently use
hanging belays. It's not bad especially if you can get your feet rested
out in front of you.

The Canyon harness is not meant for the same thing. It is designed for
working in moving water on rivers and the plastic/rubber seat is for
that. The seat is extra durable and snag free for when they slide down
steep cliffs and water run offs. It would probably work but I have
always used climbing harnesses so I guess I am bias.

I guess, in a nut shell, modern climbing harnesses are designed to hang
around working in all day. You can't fall out of them. They can be
used as a lifeline harness. They are certified to some extraordinary
strength by the UIAA (unlike bosun's chairs).

I trust them.

Gaz