Mike OC

Default Peggy Hall - Best head available?

I presently use a vacuflush system that came with the boat and am quite
happy with it. In your case, depending on how you use your boat, I'd
suggest a Lectrasan system. But, and it's a big But, you have to have a
good size battery bank to be able to support the system. If you're plugged
into shore power, no problem. However, if you're swinging on a hook and
don't run a genset then you can drain batteries quick. Lectrasans can use up
to apx 40 amps or so for 3 minutes or so each flush activation.

"Sparkslaw" wrote in message
A question for Peggy Hall but anyone is welcome to jump in...

If money were no object, and there was sufficient space, water & power,

what
head would you install? If seen comments that Vacuflush are great for

people
with more money than sense but have not seen suggested alternatives. Is a
Vacuflush the best there is? We've pulled the failing toilet out of our

32-foot
powerboat and quickly need to make a decision on having a new one

installed.
Thanks.