Short Wave Sportfishing

Default depth finder "Inside" alum hull

On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 22:08:29 GMT, "Doug Kanter"

.. .
On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 18:29:25 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

When he mentioned beaching it, I envisioned bringing the bow close to the
beach and tying it to whatever, but also having the anchor straight out
behind the boat so the stern wouldn't swing around and onto the beach.

"Jim" wrote in message

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
removed
However, do you need a depth finder? If you can beach a 60 foot

boat,
there can't be much draft to the vessel making the whole point of a
depth finder mute.

I was thinking that if you 'beach' a 60' boat, a through hull
would be the least of your worries. :^)

I was thinking Cape Cod beaching where you run the boat right up on
the beach.

Of course now that I think about it, your approach would be more
reasonable.

Later,

Tom
S. Woodstock, CT
-----------
"Angling may be said to be so
like the mathematics that it
can never be fully learnt..."

Izaak Walton "The Compleat Angler", 1653

Ever seen Izaak Walton's recipe for cooking a whole pike? To die for! Or
from. Lots of butter.

That one must have escaped me somewhere along the line.

Later,

Tom
S. Woodstock, CT