posted to rec.boats.electronics
Gary Schafer

Default More Breaker Panel Mess

On 18 Dec 2005 23:33:09 -0800, "markvictor"
wrote:

Read it again Gary...
Pay particular attention to the part that says "There is no ground in
an RF system"
you still have not answered:
1) Is a backstay horizontal or vertical?
2) If you are using your backstay as the radiating element in your
antenna system why do you insulate it?

"Read what again"? I don't know what you are referring to that has any
connection to what you are talking about. "No ground in an RF
system"?? What point are you trying to make?

Your question "is the back stay horizontal or vertical". Well you
could consider it either I suppose depending on the size of the boat.
I am not sure what your question is about but I suppose most would
consider it vertical.

"Insulating the back stay when using it as the radiating element in
your antenna system". Yes most are done that way but they don't have
to be. Didn't you read Larry's post about that?

Ever heard of a gamma match or a shunt feed system? That allows a
grounded element to be fed RF.

Regards
Gary