posted to uk.rec.boats.paddle

Default What way to edge.

Oh Muzz.
There was an eddy issue that Allan just brought up that I never thought
of. If you are carving into an eddy you present the bottom of the boat
to the new current.
Allan is likely more into White water than sea but he is right in as
far as enterind an eddy line on a river or a currant line on the sea
you would lean in a way to present the bottom of your boat to the
currant and not get tripped up.
On the ocean though with no complications, lift the side you want to
turn; left leg up to go left and right to go right.

It is realy simple after a while.
I am not the brightest, I did a lot of swimming before I figured all
this out.
We have courses available here now, so in 2005 folks get to learn
without getting wetas much as i did.
CIOA
Alex