Dan Krueger

Default A Moderator for Rec.Boats

Wayne.B wrote:
On Sun, 18 Dec 2005 01:53:47 -0600, Skipper wrote:

Skipper wrote:

Appears the *only* resolution to the problem is a moderator, IMO:

I don't think that's the only resolution at all. A bit more civility
and adult behavior would go along way, as would some modicum of regard
for others.

For those who still don't get it, there's always the kill file.

The kill file only works if people follow Usenet SOP. My biggest gripe
is the lack of the simple insertion of the letters "OT" ahead of the
subject in an off-topic post - or a post that has become off-topic. I
have those filtered and it seems to eliminate a third of what makes it
to my news reader.

I would prefer not to filter individual people since most are excellent
participants in on-topic threads. I have only a half dozen people
filtered and many of them have either left or no one is responding to
them (the only way I would see it).

Dan