Don White

Default Harry's rec.boats Posting Stats Aug 03 to Mid Dec 05

Harry Krause wrote:
Don White wrote:

wrote:

Not the moderating type, sorry.

I think that we change the world by first changing ourselves, rather
than by passing or enforcing a strict set of rules. Besides, I
personally don't mind a bit of OT stuff sprinkled in here and there.
It's the vicious, uncivil tone, and the personal remarks, and the daily
flame wars that have literally continued from one century to the next
that seem extremely juvenile.

Actions speak louder than words. Regardless of the thoughts expressed
by any individual poster about the type of group he or she would like
to see rec.boats become, following the tone, the volume, and the
content of the posts gives a true picture of that person's priorities.
How often have we heard, "I think calling names is disgusting, and I'll
stop as soon as that blankety, blankety, blankety, blank {insert name
here} does!"?

Actual adults wouldn't need a moderator, and a moderator wouldn't turn
most of us into actual adults.

That makes more sense than a couple dozen 'newsgroup sermons'.
Since it's Christmas week I'm going to try to turn the other cheek (no
not that one Krueger) and try to reflect on the reason for Christmas.

The reason for Christmas? Why, to sell Americans goods made in the
People's *Republic* of China.

I was about to buy a waffle iron as a gift for someone when I noticed on
the box that it was "made in China." Nope, not me. When I can avoid
buying goods mande in the PRC, I do.

With a limited market in this area, (due to small population and
relative isolation) it's very hard to avoid 'Made in China' goods.