posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. JG

Default Bye Bye Tookie

No one truly believes much reform is going on.

Actually, we know quite well how to prevent good guys from going bad. We
just don't avail ourselves of the opportunity.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Maxprop" wrote in message
nk.net...

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
All pretense of reform was dropped many years ago. We can reform people
if we spent some time and money on the problem. However, instead, we're
spending our money elsewhere.

I don't think the pretense was abandoned. They are still called
"correctional facilities" and the guards are called "correctional
officers." I just love that politically correct BS.

As for spending elsewhere, I'm not sure it's a good investment to attempt
to rehabilitate someone who has been damaging to society, especially in
light of the fact that such attempts have been largely fruitless. Until
we really learn how to make a bad guy good, I think it's wasted effort and
money.

Max