Skipper

Default Harry's rec.boats Posting Stats Aug 03 to Mid Dec 05

wrote:

Here are the postings, month to date, for December
From the Google page "about this group"

1118

Consider that some of the people on this list post exclusively OT
political stuff, and others post primarily OT political stuff, and it's
easy to see why the group has taken on the overall
nothing-to-do-with-boating tone. (That tone includes this thread, and
my participation in it).

Today was an eye opener for me. While it is obvious Harry Krause is the
root cause of the sickness infesting this NG, I didn't realize until
today that four facilitators must share the blame with him. In this
regard, Harry is right. Bert Robbins, JimH, Doug Kanter, and P. Fitz do
seem to be dedicated to making rec.boats the embarrassment it has
become.

Appears the *only* resolution to the problem is a moderator, IMO. I'll
be heading out soon, so cannot take the lead in this campaign to salvage
the original intent of rec.boats. What about you? Will you take that
lead and further volunteer to be moderator for this NG? Shall we start a
petition?

--
Skipper