posted to alt.sailing.asa
Maxprop

Default Bye Bye Tookie

"Thom Stewart" wrote in message
Max,

I thought our Prisons purpose was to reform.

That has always been the lofty, altruistic goal, but it's largely hogwash.
Prisons are prisons, not so-called correctional institutions.

Not all are death row. If
we can't reform and we can't execute why are we providing free room and
broad for wrong doers.

Keeps them from visiting my house and yours in the wee hours?

The ones being punished are the law abiding
citizen tax payers. That doesn't make any sense at all.

Really? Do you think it is not worth the investment in incarcerative
facilities to keep dangerous people out of the mainstream of society?

Max