posted to uk.rec.boats.paddle
Rob

Default What way to edge.

Edging for breaking in/out on moving water is serving a different purpopse
from edging a sea-boat in order to make it turn.

Sea boat - paddle in a straight line - lift your left knee, the boat edges
on its right side and will turn to the left.

"muzz" wrote in message
Now I'm confused. Doing my two star training we did a lot of edging, both
on calm water and for getting in and out of different flow rates, you lean
left you turn left - no problem.
I just watched a Kayaking DVD "Performance Sea Kayaking" in which they
covered edging to turn the boat. They all turned the OPPOSITE way to whci
they edged the boat !
Have I missed something ?

--
Muzz