Wayne.B

Default This shrimp boat ain't a'comin'

On Sat, 17 Dec 2005 13:41:45 -0500, Harry Krause

I take it the beach is sand.

I wonder if it is possible to dredge around it, and then water jet the
sand out from under neath it? I've heard of this being done using fire
engine boats before....

Yeah, it's all sand and sand/shell around there. I don't believe any
fireboats in the area could get close enough. It shallows up there
pretty far from shore.

My guess is that there aren't any serious fire boats around there
unless they could coax one out of the navy fleet up in Jax. At some
point the salvage effort exceeds the value of the boat and it's
cheaper to cut it up in place and cart it away in dumpsters.