Smithers

Default "Clean" 12V for Laptop on Boat

Harry,
Why don't you just use the built in battery, and then recharge it when you
get home from your day of boating?

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
I just got in DeLorme's new Street Atlas 2006 with the GPS puck for my
laptop, and I'm going to order some inexpensive NAV software right after
the first of the year. My current laptop is a four year old IBM T23, which
has been more than sufficient for my use while traveling. It has a 12V
"cigar lighter" adapter/inverter box, which I have used without incident on
cars and boats. I'm assuming this device is sufficent to "clean" that raw
boat battery power so I don't fry the laptop. I haven't had any problems
with 12V power glitches so far, but I don't know if I'm walking on the wild
side here.

--
War is not pro-life.