Rick

Default Boating related!!! a view of the ocean from the bridge.

otnmbrd wrote:
G I've got another one about being on the stern and taking a sea
backwards, over the stern ....

That is what led to the practice of "securing the deck" and locking
ourselves inside. Ernie K. Gann's son was lost on that run when they
took a sea over the stern while trying to secure some barrels that were
adrift.

Sometimes we would take a gander out the door leading from the ER to the
stern on the main deck when we were closed up ... the sight of those
waves so far overhead is definitely a spiritual experience!

Rick