posted to rec.boats.building
dadiOH

Default D4 dinghy daggerboard

Meindert Sprang wrote:
"dadiOH" wrote in message
news:6oBof.21$vJ4.5@trnddc07...
3. Regarding the pin, what is its purpose? I could understand a pin
to hold the board up in other than full down position.....

Well, ehrr, a wooden daggerboard floats........

Yeah, I know. But the hole(s) are in the board at the top of the
daggerboard...the one that keeps the daggerboard from going too far
down. Putting a pin through that won't keep the board from coming up
unless the pin *also* goes into something attached to the well and
therein lies my consternation...the plans don't show or mention anything
to receive the pin. Or pins as there are two holes in the board at the
top of the daggerboard - one at the front, other at the back.

Maybe I'll switch to a lead keel

--
dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...