posted to alt.sailing.asa
DSK

Default Bye Bye Tookie

One of the cable/satellite news channels ran a piece on Tookie's life
today. During his involvement with the Crips, the continuing war between
them and the Bloods took over 20,000 lives

What???
That's crazy. That would mean he'd have to be responsible for every murder
in every major metropolitan area for several years. Can't anybody do math?

Maxprop wrote:
The explanation is that the Crips and Bloods didn't stay confined to LA.
There are chapters, if you want to call them that, in most of the major
cities throughout the country.

Uh huh. And they're responsible for every single non-auto
death in all those cities for a decade or so?

... And if you would bother to read my previous
paragraph, above, you'd see that I didn't imply that he was directly or
indirectly responsible for them all, rather he was involved with the gang
leadership during a period in which that many died. Before doing the math,
you might bother to read concisely.

You might consider whether or not it makes any sense.
"Reading concisely" isn't the problem... your basic premise
is absurd.

20,000 deaths is a LOT. You might as well say Tookie was
responsible for giving people cancer.

Personally, I think that if one believes that the state has no moral right
to capital punishment; then by logic, the state would also have no right
to wage war.

.... Your presumption, above, is ridiculous.

You only say so because your own position cannot be
explained with simple facts & logic.

DSK