Capt Frank Hopkins

Default newbie buying a used cruiser-what size best?

No never did use the out of gas gag, but have pulled the "dead battery and
can't start until the solar charger does its work in the morning." routine.
That one worked really well until one college babe wanted to know how come
the FM radio and anchor light were still running. She was a sporty first
mate that night. ?
Alas... The days of youth....

--
Capt. Frank

__c
\ _ | \_
__\_| oooo \_____
~~~~|______________/ ~~~~~
www.home.earthlink.net/~aartworks
"Short Wave Sportfishing" wrote in
message ...
On Mon, 15 Mar 2004 16:02:44 GMT, "Capt Frank Hopkins"
wrote:

Hey Tom,

It was one of those six foot wakes that made me decide to join the

Coast
Guard many years ago.

I was in high school and dating a cutie. We were out in my father's

Larson
21, anchored and "fishing" in a narrow section of the ICW. One of those

60
foot yatch-ettes came blasting past. After a ride in the air we washed

up
ten feet on the mudbank. Getting the boat off the mud was a dirty job,

and
dear old dad was real impressed with the oyster shell scratches on the

hull.
Needless to say, I didn't get anywhere with the cutie that day.
--

LOL!!!!

Well, I've had an incident with the Navy. Once I was out in my Dad's
boat with some friends and as it happened, the Navy was doing a "port"
visit to Marblehead. They the anchored the freakin' destroyer right
next to the main Salem channel and in a solid fog, I managed to run to
it. They had no lights, no horns, no nuttin'. Needless to say, my
Dad, a former wartime USCG officer, was not amused with either me or
the Navy.

Sorry about that cutie thing - bummer.

Tell me, did you ever use the out of gas gag on the boat? :)

Later,

Tom
S. Woodstock, CT
"Angling may be said to be so
like the mathematics that it
can never be fully learnt..."

Izaak Walton "The Compleat Angler", 1653