DSK

Default Boating related!!! a view of the ocean from the bridge.

K. Smith wrote...
Before you knee jerk have a good look at the pics & you'll see that
there is not likely to be a 30ft wave there in any of them

Uh-huh. Please explain how a wave of less than 30 feet is going to roll
clear over the bow of a large ship with approx 60 feet of freeboard.

Well found properly handled small boats in open water have little the
fear from any of that.

Don White wrote:
You may have no problem, your derelict tub run aground in some backwoods
swamp on the Gold Coast.
People who get out on the real ocean say different.

Yes, it's pretty clear that "K. Smith" knows little about this. Maybe
it's wishful thinking?

I often hear the crab-crusher guys talking about their ideal of an
"All-weather go-anywhere" cruiser... and think about the North Atlantic
storm that a USN destroyer went through, while I was on it... caused a
couple million dollars of damage, ripping up 1 1/2" welded steel
fittings and sending water flooding in the forced-draft blower intakes
(among other things).... and I don't think any small boat is going to
survive that other than in pieces. Not to mention that the people in it
wold be pulped against the cabin sides.

Sorry, but reality is what it is, not what you wish it was.

Fresh Breezes
Doug King