Jim

Default depth finder "Inside" alum hull

Are you talking Depth finder or fish finder? Depth doesn't seem
necessary for such a shallow draft boat. I have a fiberglass hull and
the depth finder reads fine through that -- dunno about aluminum.

Wonder if you could rig some sort of swing up bracket for the Sounder
hear You could raise it when you want to beach it.

moyo wrote:
Is it possible to mount a depth finder to a single plate aluminum
hull from the the inside? I know that it is possible but will the DF
work without interference from the AL hull? I own a 60 foot Lazy days
houseboat and mounting a transducer near the outdrives doesn't seem to
make a whole lot of sense and mounting a thru hull seems to be asking
for trouble when you beach the boat.

Eric