Bryan

Default Bleeding a diesel engine

Buy a Westerbeke, they are self bleeding and work great when you run all the
fuel out of the port wing.

Ooops, hey honey would you change too the aft tank?

Thanks honey, click click click, rumble rumble.

"Jere Lull" wrote in message
In article ,
Gogarty wrote:

Now, why can't boat diesel engines be set up like that? I live in terror
of the boat engine sucking air becaise it will stop and bleeding the
system in a seaway or even at the dock is an exercize in contortion and I
don't pretzileize so well anymore.

Simplicity, probably.

Personally, I can prime our Yanmar in a few minutes now. It all came
together when I realized the pumping happened when the lever was
released, which is counter-intuitive. Of course, we're blessed by a
designer who arranged the engine room so I need only open one of the
doors. See http://members.dca.net/jerelull/Xan-ER.html and drool over
our access.

--
Jere Lull