Doug Kanter

Default Boats, friends, cash and gas

As our mothers would say, "Some people were raised in a barn", which is an
insult to the pigs, cows, goats and chickens. Even my own son offers to buy
the potato chips when we stop to gas up the truck. (I let him because it
makes him feel good, but I help fund his skateboard exploits and movies).

Last night, I went to an orientation for his 9th grade class. Five seats
away in the auditorium, there was a mother and 3 kids, all at least 12 years
old. All four were talking at normal conversation volume for a loud
restaurant, while school people were giving presentations. I told the mother
that she and her kids were being obnoxious, so they moved to new seats and
continued talking.

Raised in a barn.