Short Wave Sportfishing

Default Boating related!!! a view of the ocean from the bridge.

On Mon, 15 Mar 2004 22:48:04 GMT, "Calif Bill"

news
On Mon, 15 Mar 2004 20:50:46 GMT, "Calif Bill"
wrote:

http://tv-antenna.com/heavy-seas/

My Dad and his war buddies used to tell tales of things like this on
North Atlantic convoy duty - he commanded a DE and often said that he
sometimes spent more time under water than on top of it.

Great pictures. Thanks for the link.

Later,

Tom
S. Woodstock, CT
-----------
"Angling may be said to be so
like the mathematics that it
can never be fully learnt..."

Izaak Walton "The Compleat Angler", 1653

Had a roommate in school that had been on the Bonne Homme Richard carrier
during a typhoon. HE said they had green water tolling down the deck, and
never figured out how the DE's and destroyers survived.

My Dad and three his friends (along with others) were co-opted from
the USCG into the Navy expressly for the purpose of DE duty. They
were classmates and all four eventually ended up in the South Pacific
on DDs.

Man, the tales they told - unbelievable.

Later,

Tom
S. Woodstock, CT