posted to rec.boats.paddle
riverman

Default fishing from sit in

Hey IJ:
I'm not sure I understand your question. You are asking how to connect
your boat to a pole (not a fishing pole) that is speared in the ground
as an anchor point? And the problem is: how to connect the boat to the
anchor pole (and I assume, without a lot of slack in the line)...is
this correct?

Some folks bolt a clam-cleat on their deck for rescues. You could tie
the anchor rope to a U-bolt on the deck, jam the pole into the ground,
then just haul in the slack and cleat it in a clamcleat to keep the
boat close to shore.

Let me know if this is what you are asking..

--riverman