Garth Almgren

Default On topic (sorry): A Visit to Schooner Cove

Around 12/13/2005 6:46 AM, wrote:

Schooner Cove

I often shun resorts. Many resorts are wonderful facilities, with first
class service and unique amenities, but certain high-tone
establishments tend to attract and encourage a group of people
sometimes overly concerned with posture, wardrobe, and speaking with an
affected emphasis on certain vowels. (Gag me). The mere use of the word
"resort" in the name of an establishment can cause me to react with
guarded skepticism until first hand experience confirms or disproves my
admitted prejudice.

I know I've mentioned this before, but on that topic, I was glad to see
that (at least as of last summer) the marina at Bedwell Harbour hadn't
mutated over to that "resorty" mode, despite the serious upgrade in
image the land-based side of the resort has undergone in the past two
years. "Poets Cove Resort and Spa" indeed. Ugh.

Just wanted to comment on that first paragraph; Good job on the rest of
the writeup, too.

--
~/Garth - 1966 Glastron V-142 Skiflite: "Blue-Boat"
"There is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing