JIMinFL

Default Winterizing Mercruiser 5.7 - draining all the water

The drains on either side of the block are the low point drains for the
block. If you push the large water pump hose down, you might get another
pint out. When you close the drains and put anti freeze into the big hose,
it will fill the engine and come out the hoses that were disconnected from
the top of the Tstat housing. The input from the stern drive comes from the
top of the mounting bracket then goes to an oil cooler which is low on the
side of the engine. Which side I don't remember. Then it goes to the Tstat
housing. Your service manual should show you how the engine is plumbed. I
can't tell from your description which hoses you are talking about. If you
leave the boat in the water, you may not be able to prevent water from
reentering the engine unless you disconnect the input to the oil cooler and
raise it above the waterline and plug it.
"kevin c smith" wrote in message
ups.com...
So, you're thinking that hose drains into the block, like the one on
the starboard side?

When I flushed the starboard one (and the block itself - under the
thermostat housing), water flowed freely out both block drains.