Dave Anderer

Default Boat Sank due to Syphoning Effect

This thread has drifted from being informational to being judgemental.
Just bcause you know some facts doesn't mean your conclusion will
match mine.

I do know what a vented loop is - I have them. I periodically check
the vents, as well as the hoses and their (double) clamps - just like
I check pretty much every system on the boat.

However, I do not close all the seacocks when I leave the boat for a
week. Doesn't mean I'm an idiot, merely that I've evaluated the risk
and found a level I'm confortable with.

On Tue, 13 Dec 2005 14:01:34 -0500, "Bryan"
wrote:

Peggie,

Trying to tell people to install vented loops is like trying to get them to
close seacocks when they leave the boat for extended periods. Ain't gonna
happen.