posted to rec.boats.building
Bradley Boatworks

Default bead and cove joints

I use bead and cove for canoe and kayak building - it will work for
masts as well, but you are limited in your diameter by the wood
thickness and diameter of the cove. Take a few short strips and mock
it up, you will see what I mean. The angle between the two touching
strips is limited by the cove side of the strip. One the fine edge
touches the next strip, you can't make the angle any less.

The birds mouth method is better and you can use any number of strips,
just do the math as explained above or in the Wooden Boat article.

Stephan

www.bradleyboatworks.com