John H.

Default Question About Selling My Boat In Canada

On Tue, 13 Dec 2005 19:13:10 -0400, "E. Webber" wrote:

Hi,

In the spring I wil be privately selling my boat. I live in Canada and have
never done this
before. The boat in loated in Canada.
Does the new buyer pay HST tax on the sale(I'm in New Brunswick)? Boat is 16
years old.
Do I notify Transport Canada about the sale, I have piece of paper to be
filled in by new owner?
Is there anything else I sould be aware of in the process of selling my
boat? I want to have no surprises .
Any help, comments, or suggestions would be greatfully appreciated.

Thank you.

The Canadians may be gone for the day, but there'll be some here tomorrow. They're quite
knowledgeable, so stand by.
--
John Herring

Hope your Christmas is Spectacular!