Short Wave Sportfishing

Default newbie buying a used cruiser-what size best?

On Mon, 15 Mar 2004 16:02:44 GMT, "Capt Frank Hopkins"
wrote:

Hey Tom,

It was one of those six foot wakes that made me decide to join the Coast
Guard many years ago.

I was in high school and dating a cutie. We were out in my father's Larson
21, anchored and "fishing" in a narrow section of the ICW. One of those 60
foot yatch-ettes came blasting past. After a ride in the air we washed up
ten feet on the mudbank. Getting the boat off the mud was a dirty job, and
dear old dad was real impressed with the oyster shell scratches on the hull.
Needless to say, I didn't get anywhere with the cutie that day.
--

LOL!!!!

Well, I've had an incident with the Navy. Once I was out in my Dad's
boat with some friends and as it happened, the Navy was doing a "port"
visit to Marblehead. They the anchored the freakin' destroyer right
next to the main Salem channel and in a solid fog, I managed to run to
it. They had no lights, no horns, no nuttin'. Needless to say, my
Dad, a former wartime USCG officer, was not amused with either me or
the Navy.

Sorry about that cutie thing - bummer.

Tell me, did you ever use the out of gas gag on the boat? :)

Later,

Tom
S. Woodstock, CT
"Angling may be said to be so
like the mathematics that it
can never be fully learnt..."

Izaak Walton "The Compleat Angler", 1653