John H.

Default Best Handheld VHF?

On 13 Dec 2005 09:10:50 -0800, wrote:

Shortwave Sportfishing wrote:
On 12 Dec 2005 05:23:36 -0800,
wrote:

Bill McKee wrote:

The CG has a higher antenna and better receivers?

A friend of my brother's who lives close to the PA-NY border built a
Beverage Antenna on his hill, and can receive CG transmissions from Key
West, FL!!

What frequency?

Response from the person owning the antenna:
It's 8.983 MHZ and it's the upper sideband (SSB). They use several
different freqs across the shortwave bands, but this one seems to be
used the most; the base is in Chesapeake Bay; usually you hear
aircraft on routine patrol but once in a great while it gets
interesting. I also hear aircraft and cutters off puerto rico quite a
bit.

Kevin, you capitalized 'pagan' because you thought it was a proper noun. Isn't Puerto Rico also
supposed to be capitalized?
--
John Herring

Hope your Christmas is Spectacular!