RW Salnick

Default Vented loops and suction (was) Boat Sank due to SyphoningEffect

The vent goes between the toilet pump and the toilet bowl... not
between the inlet and the pump

bob

Skip Gundlach wrote:
Well, this thread has me thinking, as neither of our heads has vented loops
in the intake line, and the aft head is distinctly under the waterline (fwd
isn't except on sharp port tack).

So, if I understand vented loops properly, suction gets air, rather than
water, thus preventing siphoning. So, how do you suck in the supply water
if the supply line is vented???

L8R

Skip, scratching his head, pardon the expression (solidly asking pardon for
the other - inferred solid - expression)