posted to rec.boats.building
Thomas Wentworth

Default Bruce Roberts

I happened to read this weekend that the Clipper Ships of Portsmouth NH were
built without plans.

The shipbuilder did it all in his head.

So much for arguments about plans, etc.

=====================

"GK" wrote in message ...
I am considering to build a Bruce Roberts 370 D.
I have read some pro´s and contra´s concerning his design.
What is your opinion ?

concerning the prices: My very personal opinion is that
the cutting files for the 370 D (!) for about US$ 8 T are overpriced,
as well as to buy the precut steel for about US$ 30 T, only the steel
precut, not the complete steel caso.

I have an offer from a (professional) shipyard which offers me to build
the caso,
based on the 370 D study plans, for less.
What is your opinion about this ?
Is this possible from the technical point of view ?

Thanks,

Fred