Lord Reginald Smithers

Default Corrupt liberal media fails to cover the news

Bert,
Harry has stated many times the reason he comes here is to disrupt
rec.boats. His only objective is to inflame as many people as possible. He
has no desire to discuss anything, it is a vehicle for him to make as many
insults as possible.

Simple hobby for a simple person.

Bert Robbins wrote:
"Harry Krause" wrote in message
thunder wrote:
On Sun, 11 Dec 2005 20:23:56 -0500, Harry Krause wrote:

This whole b.s. campaign is a creation of Faux News. And the
simple-minded
are going for it, as usual.
Sure seems like much ado about nothing, doesn't it? You have to
wonder
about their next campaign. Perhaps, something as weighty as boxers
vs.
briefs.
A book I read some years ago discussed the issue of why some
Christians are so insistent on pushing their beliefs onto others. One
of the theories offered had to do with group nervousness, that is,
significant numbers of persons who didn't believe tended to shake the
faith of those who did, who then began to exhibit self-doubt.
Group think. The converted must be constantly watched for they may
engage their brains again and realize that they are being fed a bunch
of crap and it doesn't taste good.

Well, I was trying to be on the edge of polite.

There may be some truth to that. History tells us that those who
"doubted" the Christian faith or simply didn't believe in it often
were slaughtered, tortured, jailed, or exiled. Maybe we're seeing a
bit of that again.
Islam has the same characteristic.
I don't see much difference between today's politicized conservative
christians and today's politicized islamists.

The utter smarminess of those in this newsgroup shoveling
"Christianity," the fact that Christmas is being "defended" by some
Faux News sleazeball, I dunno, it's enough to drive someone even
considering Christianity back to paganism.
Just like those trying to shovel liberal/progressive ideas.
I hope you are not referring to me. I am not looking for "converts" to
progressive thinking. Not here.

Seems to me, if you are trying to sell a religion, you ought to sell
it on the basis of the example set by your actions and behavior, not
by wearing it on your sleeve and trying to force it upon others.
Have you taken a look at yourself lately? You are not a good billboard
for religion, unions or the Democrat party.
Puh-lease, Bert. You just don't understand.

I don't understand what? If you can't communicate what I don't understand
that you are just using that phrase to deflect the conversation.

You think I am here to try to "convert." I'm not. That's what you don't
understand, among other things.

--
Clinton ruined a dress; Bush ruined a nation.