otnmbrd

Default compass deviation

I wasn't really able to tell much from the first post regarding the
"quality" of the compass he was installing and only that it was going on
some sort of steel boat.
If this is an older boat and it had one before, I'd suggest mounting it
where that one was, unless there's a good reason not to.
If it is a magnetic compass with all the "bells and whistles" I'd
recommend a professional adjuster (especially if it involves a Flinders
Bar and Navigators Balls), i.e., really depends on the installation and
intended use. Yes, he could fudge his way through it with some patience,
but there's nothing to compare with someone who does it frequently and
has the experience to know that's the best this compass will be for this
installation .... G 'sides, I like the full deviation scale/table most
adjusters give.

otn