Doug Kanter

Default Better *Defensive* Handgun

"Don White" wrote in message
Doug Kanter wrote:

Well....I have to admit that I keep a loaded gun in the drawer under the
main work surface in the kitchen. Certain people, who shall go unnamed
here, refuse to understand "the triangle" - the area most traveled when
someone's busy making dinner. I've tried pleading, threats, everything. I
don't know any other way to deal with it at this point.

I have to start paying more attention to this thread.
As someone who spent about 12 grand re-modeling our kitchen 2 years ago, I
understand the efficiency triangle concept...but didn't find a use for a
gun
What if the wife gets ****ed off at you, pulls that gun out in a rage &
accidentally uses it? Here everything has to be under lock & key with
ammo stored separately.

Well, I jettisoned the wife a few years ago, so she's not an issue. And, the
son understands the triangle because he worked in a restaurant kitchen and
almost had a collision between his chest and a hot cast iron pan the chef
was turning around with. The "other", on the other hand, is often oblivious
to the motion taking place.

Actually, I was looking at the layout the other day and realized that when I
re-do the floor this coming spring, I could decoratively box in the work
zone with a border of tiles. That would make the rules a bit more
lighthearted. "See this line on the floor? Either start peeling garlic, or
stand outside the line". :-)