Skipper

Default Better *Defensive* Handgun

Doug Kanter wrote:

Every book I've ever read, by instructors like Massad Ayoob, Chuck Taylor
and Gabe Suarez, say best shooting results are obtained when you force
yourself to drop the target out of focus, and bring the gun's sights into
focus.

Total bunk! Nonsense!! Most home intrusions occur at night, and under
minimal light conditions. Same can be said of most assaults. Advising
the focusing of ones attention on sights at night and under stressful
adrenaline pumped minimal light conditions is insane...AND it ain't
going to happen.

Pistols set up for hunting virtually never include laser sights.

Just not true, Doug. Laser grips are not a substitute for iron sights,
they are an alternative for low light conditions for hunting pistols.
Many hunters employ laser grips on their handguns...more all the time.
They *are* an improvement over iron sights in poor light conditions.

Laser sight technology is still new, and this discussion is much like
one I had with Krause a few years back where he advocated using a
sextant for coastal nav over a GPS. Given time, even the slower wits
come around.

Strange, isn't it?

Not at all.

--