Calif Bill

Default ( OT) Bush Threatened to Fire Official for Telling Truth

"Don White" wrote in message

Calif Bill wrote in message
snip
Both if these clowns suck. The problem for November is which one
sucks more. Neither major party has put up a worth while candidate.
Bill

Now you sound like a Canadian. A lot tend to vote for the least
objectionable party.
I get a kick out of how worked up Americans get defending one party or the
other.
I may be cynical, but don't see where politicians are worth the bother.

They
start out rotten, or tend to get corrupted by the party system. I just

like
to punish them when they get caught stealing, lying etc.

I am a registered Democrat, and the Dem's have been taken over by
ultra-liberal spenders. Being a Fiscal Conservative, and a social Liberal I
get really PO'ed over the pork barrel spending for votes. We should allow
Civil Unions in California as well as the rest of the country. But the
activists want to call it "marriage" to just upset the rest of the country.
My wife and I have gay friends (we do live in California in the SF Bay
area), and they should have the same legal rights as any other couple. If
one is hospitalized, then the other should have family visitation rights
just like a spouse as well as input on treatment. We have screwed our
children, by forcing them to pay for our lifestyle. That National Debt is
not going to be paid by my generation, of even my kids generation (my kids
generation has helped run up the debt as I am 60). The Republicans have
been taken over by the righty's but not to the extent of the lefty's in the
Democrat party. I would re-register as a Libertarian, but that is throwing
away a lot of my voting power. We need a new national party to give us
moderates control. As the Republicans, tossed the Whigs. As to penalties
for crooked politicians, they should go to jail for 20 years minimum and
lose their assets. Make the penalty extremely harsh. Get the Federal
Government out of education. We did fairly well before the 1960's with no
Federal Department of Education. They no set standards, take the money from
the states and take a 40% management fee, and send the 60% back to the
states. We would have more money to spend on the children, and more say so,
in tossing incompetant teachers and administrators.
Bill