Bert Robbins

Default Better *Defensive* Handgun

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
JimH wrote:
"JIMinFL" wrote in message
k.net...
Skipper, you guys have only spoken of hand guns for defensive purposes.
Are
shotguns not suited to the purpose? Could you give me some pro's and
cons
for each type of weapon? Can/could/should a shotgun be fitted with a
laser
beam? I'm thinking you could shine the laser in his eyes to blind him
long
enough for you to flip the lights on and identify him before you decide
puree his vital organs. Let me know what you think.
JIMinFL

The "ka-chuck" sound of loading a shell into the chamber of a pump action
shotgun is a sure way to let any intruder know you mean business without
firing a shot.

Here is an interesting article explaining why the shotgun is perhaps the
best weapon for home defense:

http://www.angelfire.com/art/enchanter/Home.html

I recommend the simpler over and under, or double barrel, or even single
shot shotguns for home defense. Much simpler. Can be very inexpensive.
H&R makes some really nice single-shot shotguns that anyone can afford. I
have one. It's my favorite weapon for killing empty soda cans.

Forget the single shot. At a minimum go with an OandU or a SbyS. The better
choice is a pump with the ability to hole three or more rounds.