Bill McKee

Default Better *Defensive* Handgun

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Skipper wrote:
Harry Krause wrote:

Have you tried the .500 S&W? I haven't, but I think it would be the
perfect "defensive handgun" for all the wheel gun fans.

Recoil alone takes it out of the "perfect" category for defense.
Unintended peripheral damage is also far more likely with that canon.

--
Skipper

Whoosh.

--
If you voted for Bush, you are to blame.

No whoosh. It is too powerful for a home defense weapon. You want a round
that will stop a human, and not blow a car engine apart. You want to kill
the next door neighbor, plus the person walking down street a block away?
Plus you want a weapon that is able to be fired more than once every 10
seconds. the 500 / 454 would be sor far up in the air from recoil, that you
are going to waste a lot of time reaiming.